Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew B 22 posts 142 karma points
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 11:09
    Andrew B

Umbraco Forms not loading, unable to find logging information

Hi there,

I am investigating an issue on a site running Umbraco 7.2.8 and Forms 4.4.0. When attempting to load the list of all available forms in the back end, the following error message is shown:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retrieve data for child nodes undefined

Neither the UmbracoTraceLog file or the umbracoLog table contain any more information about the error.

However when loading a page which is supposed to have one of the forms embedded on it, the following error is added to the UmbracoTraceLog:

Unable to get Form with ID: '12791b47-cfcd-4e8c-8632-ef3da0f8a19c' off disk or from the cache. Check the file exists on disk

When checking the contents of the forms directory in Umbraco Forms' App_Plugins folder, this file is missing. However even if this form has been deleted, surely it shouldn't break the entire Forms backend?

Can anybody suggest any possible causes and/or fixes for the above issue please?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 11:20
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Andrew,

Sorry to hear that you have, it´s because that it look for the Form file in /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/Form/12791b47-cfcd-4e8c-8632-ef3da0f8a19c

Is it possible for you at all to re-save the form from the backoffice?

All the best,

/Dennis

Jul 24, 2017 @ 12:35
    Andrew B

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately I'm unable to access the Forms back office for the reason mentioned in the first paragraph of my post - whenever I try to open the Forms node in the tree view, I get this error message:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details.
    Failed to retrieve data for child nodes undefined

Opening the Datasources and Prevalue sources nodes doesn't cause the error message.

Do you know which log it's referring to in the error message?

Thanks,

Andrew

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 24, 2017 @ 13:15
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Andrew,

Yes you can find the log file in the folder of /App_Data/Log/UmbracoTraceLog.txt

Best,

/Dennis

Jul 24, 2017 @ 13:26
    Andrew B

I've taken a look at the UmbracoTraceLog file, but am unable to see anything in it relating to the error taking place in Forms. There's nothing in the umbracoLog table either. Are there any other ways to get logging data out of Forms?

I've done some further investigation and noticed that web service calls to the /backoffice/umbracoforms/form/getoverview and /backoffice/umbracoforms/formsecurity/getbyuserid methods return 500 errors when opening Forms for the first time, as does the backoffice/umbracoforms/formtree/getnodes?id=-1&application=forms&tree=&isDialog=false call when attempting to refresh the list. I'm also unable to create new forms by right-clicking the Forms node and selecting a template, as doing so just sends me to a blank page.

Jul 24, 2017 @ 14:17
    Andrew B

I've managed to get the stack trace for the error that occurs when trying to open up the Forms node, if this is helpful in diagnosing the issue:

at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController.<GetForms>b__1(Form x)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`2.ComputeKeys(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
       at System.Linq.EnumerableSorter`1.Sort(TElement[] elements, Int32 count)
       at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__1.MoveNext()
       at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController.GetForms(FormDataCollection queryStrings, String path)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Trees.FormTreeController.GetTreeNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
       at Umbraco.Web.Trees.TreeControllerBase.GetNodes(String id, FormDataCollection queryStrings)
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__1.MoveNext()

Jul 24, 2017 @ 15:48
    Andrew B

I eventually managed to resolve this issue. The Forms tree node wasn't loading because of some empty form data files in the /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data/Form/ directory - it looked like someone had started to create some forms, but the json files that were output for them in this directory were completely empty. After deleting these files, I was able to open the Forms tree node.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft