Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rodske 74 posts 104 karma points
    Oct 12, 2017 @ 04:36
    Rodske

Form security user settings being updated for everyone with the addition of a new form

We have around 30 users each with access to their own Umbraco Form data (and shouldn't have access to anyone else). Unfortunately when we add one additional form, it seems that the newly added form is automatically added to every user (each user has their own user-group). This means that after the creation of one form, we need to go through every user and disable that form for every user - rather than simply enabling it for the user that it relates to. Is there anyway around this level of pain? I.e. override, config, or interface to extend on

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Jun 21, 2019 @ 13:58
    Matt

Did anyone find a solution for this?

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jun 24, 2019 @ 05:57
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Matt,

what could be an option is using our package "Forms on Steroids" (https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-forms-on-perplex-steroids/) => It gives you the option to create folders and give specific users access to folders.

In that way you can create new forms in a another folder, and the users cannot access that folder unless you give them access.

Maybe it's a workaround for your issue,

Have a great monday,

Jeffrey

• Cory Colt 34 posts 130 karma points
    Apr 22, 2020 @ 21:52
    Cory Colt

It's unfortunate nobody has answered this because we're having a similar issue. I have everything written right up to the point where I actually need to apply the permissions, but from what I'm reading it sounds like they removed this capability from the back-end so you can't do this programmatically which seems crazy to me! Let me know if you've happened to find a solution for this. I'm still trying to come up with a solution to this.

• Chris Norwood 131 posts 642 karma points
    May 01, 2020 @ 13:43
    Chris Norwood

We also have this issue - the client has 50 - 60 forms (and growing) and not all users should have access to all of them just because they have access to Forms.

Even just a "select/deselect" all checkbox on the forms security page would help - the current set up means whenever a new form is created all users have to be updated (and there are a lot of users).

Has anybody found a good solution to this? (We are using Umbraco 8.6.1 and Forms 8.4.0) - it feels like something that ought to be a configuration option as I can see the use case for having it as it is but it's a major issue for an organisation where only certain people should be able to see the data for certain forms.

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/12

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft