Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Vangskjær 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 01, 2017 @ 14:09
    Kim Vangskjær

Umbraco Forms - Email reply

Hi I have made a form with Umbraco Forms and the I have added some few fields plus a email field called contactPersonEmail

Then I have made a email template and used the workflow "Send email with template (Razor)" in the email field I will like to use the value in the contactPersonEmail. What is the syntacs here? {fieldName} doesn't work

Regards /K

• Alex Brown 129 posts 620 karma points
    Dec 04, 2017 @ 09:01
    Alex Brown

If you're still stuck with this I'd suggest using event handlers, and remove the send email workflow.

You can then have the event handler call a service which sends an email, and you can pass parameters through this way.

public class UmbracoFormsEventHandler : ApplicationEventHandler
    {
        protected override void ApplicationStarted(UmbracoApplicationBase umbracoApplication, ApplicationContext applicationContext)
        {
            RecordStorage.RecordInserting += ProcessUmbracoFormSubmission;
        }

private void ProcessUmbracoFormSubmission(object sender, RecordEventArgs record)
        {
             //Do Stuff
        }
    }

The RecordEventArgs lets you access parameters and fields from the submitted form.

• Ben Palmer 176 posts 842 karma points c-trib
    Dec 04, 2017 @ 09:51
    Ben Palmer

Hi Kim,

{fieldName} should do the trick, try both alias and the full name. I tested this locally on the latest version of Forms and works okay for me.

Have you checked your logs? Is it definitely a missing email address that's the problem and not something else?

• Kim Vangskjær 2 posts 82 karma points
    Dec 07, 2017 @ 14:53
    Kim Vangskjær

Hi Ben Thanks for the answer. Yes it is {fieldName} But I think there is a bug somewhere, it didn't like the alias name. And I a make the name and the alias the same in lower camelcase and then it works. So I can't make the name be with " " og other stange. I looks like it doesn't work.

Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft