Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Dec 19, 2017 @ 21:13
    karen

Copying Forms between environments

The old contour had export/import which was great, it allowed creation of forms on a dev server and then easy deploy to the production server.

I don't see any similar option in the new Umbraco Forms. I see this thread: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-forms/83604-export-form-from-one-site-to-another however I don't have the option to easily copy files like that. Our companies production servers are locked down, so can't really copy and touch the web.config easily (or at all). I am not sure that round-a-bout method is even an option.

Is there another way to do this?

Using Umbraco version 7.7.4 assembly: 1.0.6505.22489 and Forms 6.0.5

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Dec 21, 2017 @ 07:35
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Karen,

unfortunately I don't think there's an option. to do this. The storage is file-based and stored in the folder \App_Plugins\UmbracoForms\Data\forms.

You can probably write your own import/export, where you can grab the file from disk and give it as an download, but I've never done this before. Maybe the source code of our Forms on Steroids-package could be a great start: https://github.com/PerplexInternetmarketing/Perplex-Umbraco-Forms.

Hope this helps a tiny bit,

Jeffrey

• karen 186 posts 461 karma points
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 18:15
    karen

Looks like Perplex Umbraco Forms might be helpful - I will try to find some time to test it out! Thanks!

• Andrei Andreev 3 posts 82 karma points
    Jan 03, 2018 @ 20:10
    Andrei Andreev

Would Courier not support this? I am new to Umbraco and seems like Courier pro is being offered as a sync-all solution. Is this not the case?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft