Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simeon Ostberg 123 posts 389 karma points
    Jan 17, 2018 @ 13:42
    Simeon Ostberg

Sending data to phpList newsletter subscription

Hi everyone,

Due to the new EU data protection regulations, we need to implement a double opt in into our newsletter subscription. Therefore I would like to use a phpList newsletter sign up page.

Via adding an action item to the <formcode line, it is possible to send data from another page to the regular phpList sign up page. The line would look like this:

<form method=post name="subscribeform" action="http://***.***.de/?p=subscribe&id=1">

Now, I would like to use an Umbraco Forms form to send data to this page via the SEND FORM TO URL function. Is it correct, that I would put the URL for the action tag into the URL field and choose POST method? Because the action tag in the source code of my website still remains /test2? And how do I connect the form fields to the data fields on the phpList page? The code in the phpList page for a text field looks like this:

<input type="text" name="attribute7"  class="attributeinput" size="40" value="" id="attribute7" />

I put the name "attribute7" into the alias field and chose the respective form value.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Simeon

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft