Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle 10 posts 90 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 20:22
    Kyle

Umbraco Forms + Multisite integration

Hi there.

I have an Umbraco Multi-site project going that I'd like to use Umbraco Forms with. I just have a few questions about how the licensing works for multi-sites.

The site I'm working with is one Umbraco install with five different roots that each have their own domain. I have this all set up and working correctly. Now I would like to add Umbraco Forms to allow my users to create their own custom forms easily. However, I'm a bit confused on how licensing works with this sort of setup.

Do I need more than one license for a multisite? Do I buy a license and add more domains to it, or will one license on the main domain be sufficient?

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 22:07
    Nicholas Westby

Last I checked, each license costs the same amount of money, and you must buy one per domain. Each license technically includes multiple domains, but that's for things like dev/stage servers (not for multiple actual sites).

When you log in, you can add domains to your license file, which you do by purchasing additional licenses.

If they are subdomains that are all related to the original site (e.g., www.site.com and extranet.site.com), there is probably more wiggle room, and the Umbraco support staff can usually help with that.

Real World Scenario

Here's an actual scenario I was faced with. A client of ours had us build multiple sites for them. Each site had a unique domain, and represented a different property (in the housing sense), though all those properties belonged to that single client.

We bought a license for each domain even though all those websites were housed in the same physical file system folder pointed to by IIS. They all shared the same bin folder and the same umbraco.lic file (which contained multiple licenses).

The fact that this client had a "main domain" was immaterial. We needed to buy a license for each website. They were not subdomains. Each was a unique domain.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Mar 09, 2018 @ 22:24
    Amir Khan

So the main domain includes *.domain.com and is now $199, then you can add additional domains for 79 Euro.

There used to be a server / IP license, but not sure if it is still around.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft