Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Woulfe 392 posts 1481 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2018 @ 08:44
    Nathan Woulfe

Conditional fields not working

I'm having problems with conditional fields in Forms 6.0.6 - they don't show up, ever.

I've eliminated all the obvious things (dependencies are loaded, no CSS conflicts etc), and found that in umbracoforms-conditions.js there's a reference to .contourField:

for (fieldId in fieldConditions) {
            handleCondition($("#" + fieldId).closest(".contourField"), fieldId, fieldConditions[fieldId], "Field");
        }

That code is looping through the conditions for each form field, where the handleCondition function toggles show/hide on first argument, which should be the ancestor element of the input and its label, selected by the input ID (the fieldId value, in this case)

Truncated for brevity:

<div class="umbraco-forms-field name shortanswer mandatory">
        <label for="837db468-9dec-4a91-d45a-757759c97c49" class="fieldLabel"> Name <span class="contourIndicator">*</span></label>
        <div><input type="text" name="837db468-9dec-4a91-d45a-757759c97c49" id="837db468-9dec-4a91-d45a-757759c97c49" class="text" value="" maxlength="500" data-val="true" data-val-required="Please provide a value for Name">
        </div>
    </div>

However, notice the selector used in closest() -> .contourField. That doesn't exist in my rendered forms, instead (as expected in Forms), the class is .umbraco-forms-field.

This issue appears on the contact form on umbraco.com (that's where the code snippets are from).

Is this a genuine bug, or are we just doing something screwy?

cheers, champions Nathan

• Nick Renny 31 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 19, 2018 @ 12:48
    Nick Renny

I've come across this too, I think it's a bug

• Tim Mather 13 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 09:34
    Tim Mather

Has there been a solution to this, we have the same problem.

• Nathan Woulfe 392 posts 1481 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 10:04
    Nathan Woulfe

As far as I know, it's still an issue (still open on the tracker).

I resolved it for our site by editing the JavaScript to use the correct selector.

Forms is tricky, would be a simple PR but it's not open source...

Jul 25, 2018 @ 10:08
    Tim Mather

This is fairly daft, not really a viable product if one of the major functions just hasn't worked for 3 months.

• Al Burns 49 posts 149 karma points
    Jul 25, 2018 @ 10:58
    Al Burns

I am experiencing the same issue with a condition on a radio button value not working at all. This has worked for us in the past on version 6.0.2 of the forms but in version 7.0.1 it is no longer working.

• Marcin Zajkowski 98 posts 559 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 19, 2019 @ 13:49
    Marcin Zajkowski

Years are passing by and it's still there... Has anyone made Umbraco Forms working with the latest v7 and conditions and can share the code with all the replacements/fixes applied?

Maybe then we can send it to Umbraco to include it for the next patch release...

• Kenny Burns 172 posts 302 karma points
    Mar 12, 2020 @ 15:49
    Kenny Burns

Still an issue in Umbraco Forms 7.3.1

The fix above works - changing contourField to umbraco-forms-field at the bottom of umbracoforms-conditions.js

This should be a relatively straightforward fix, so i'm surprised its still knocking around.

Mar 12, 2020 @ 18:56
    Tim Mather

Fairly rediculous this now, needs sorted, especially considering we are being charged £200 for a license!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft