Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 24, 2018 @ 08:46
    MrFlo

Good to know: alias are useless in forms...

So we were facing a problem in the Forms workflow as our client copied and translated a form to another language with a different name for the email like in french "Adresse électronique". The copy email sent to the client that was {email} suddenly stopped working even though the alias was correct.

Result: It's not using the alias BUT the name of the field all lowercase and no capital letters and accents should stay!

I can understand for backward compatibility but this should be mapped on the alias or at least have an option somewhere for that. This is not documented and it's a paying plugin! We've lost almost a day trying to find the right way to use it in our 25 forms in all languages.

Where the hell is this documented ? I'm still thinking that Forms should be either open source or much more well documented or with a better support...

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 24, 2018 @ 11:44
    Nik

Hi MrFlow,

I think had the same issue, please upvote :-) http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/CON-1477

Nik

• MrFlo 159 posts 403 karma points
    Apr 24, 2018 @ 12:29
    MrFlo

Hi Nik,

Done. It is indeed a similar issue, the parametrised values that you put into your workflow settings still use the field name.

MrFlo

• Ben Duguid 12 posts 85 karma points
    Jul 18, 2018 @ 10:32
    Ben Duguid

Seems to be similar to the issue we're having with the field names in CSS as well. I've linked the two tickets and upvoted Nik's.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft