Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Federico Girardi 3 posts 93 karma points
    Apr 26, 2018 @ 13:57
    Federico Girardi

Multiple (copied) forms on the same page

Hi all, I am stuck with an issue about multiple forms on the same page. I would really appreciate your help :-)

Problem

My page has 2 different forms for customer inquiry (i.e. "Get a quote" and "Book a test drive"). When submitting one, the other fires validation.

Looking at the html markup, I noticed that each field id/name/label[for] have a GUID instead of the field alias (is this by design? Why not field alias?). Also, the id of my "First name" input on "Get a quote" form is exactely the same of "Book a test drive" field. And this is the same for all the other common fileds. I guess this is the cause of "double validation".

Environment and settings

Umbraco 7.10.3 - Umbraco Forms 7.0.2 - I am using a custom form theme template - I am using server only validation (no js at the moment)

My process steps

1. Create the form "Get a quote" (First name, Last name, Email, Phone, etc.)
    2. Copy this form to create the new "Book a test drive" (same basic fileds with some other added)
    3. Implement these 2 forms in my template vew with @Umbraco.RenderMacro("renderUmbracoForm", new { FormGuid="85426a43-274b-4304-80c9-e88234ae66eb", FormTheme ="bootstrap4", ExcludeScripts="1"}) (the same method for the second form with its own GUID)

Possible bug or my mistake?

Copying forms does not provide/re-assign a different GUID for copied fileds? Missing anything in my code/implemtation?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Federico

• Alex Skrypnyk 6131 posts 23950 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 02, 2018 @ 08:57
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Federico

Did you solve this issue? Can you share with our community?

Alex

Aug 02, 2018 @ 09:52
    Federico Girardi

Hi Alex, thanks for reminding.

Yes, the bug was fixed and we solved our issue.

Federico

Aug 21, 2018 @ 16:37
    Federico Girardi

Hi Alex, unfortunately we were wrong about the possible fix and this issue is still there

• Marc-André 63 posts 279 karma points
    May 27, 2019 @ 18:33
    Marc-André

Got the same issue with Umbraco 8 - Forms 8.1.1.

Any updates about the fix?

• Rowan Bottema 5 posts 76 karma points c-trib
    Feb 17, 2020 @ 10:06
    Rowan Bottema

I have re-reported the issue here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft