Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    May 03, 2018 @ 12:58
    Mark
    0

    Umbraco Forms killing BackOffice after install

    Hey Guys,

    I have started a new project on Umbraco 7.10.4 and seem unable to install Umbraco Forms without it killing the backoffice. I end up with a 500 error on http://localhost:63423/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Section/GetSections

    ExceptionMessage : "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." ExceptionType : "System.NullReferenceException" Message : "An error has occurred." StackTrace : " at Umbraco.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeExtensions.

    I get the same if I install another package "Our.Umbraco.AzureLogger", though as that is an older package I couldn't say if I expect it to work with this version of Umbraco.

    Not sure if there is an issue with the latest Umbraco release or with the package(s).

    Has anyone else had this issue?

    Worth noting, I have tried installing via nuget & also from within the backoffice, same result for both..

    Thanks..

    Mark

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    May 03, 2018 @ 13:46
    Mark
    0

    Looks like it's actually a borked install of Umbraco somehow.

    I have had to create a new solution and Forms & other plugins are now installing as expected. I had tried putting files over the top of my existing solution and merging changes in, but to no avail.

    This is the quickest way around the issue for now..

    Oh well!

  • Daniel Cooper 6 posts 95 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 16:04
    Daniel Cooper
    0

    Anyone found out what the issue is? Also getting this in Umbraco 7.10.5 and Umbraco Forms 7.0.5.

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Oct 30, 2018 @ 20:34
    Mark
    1

    @Dan,

    In my case (yes,, I know I should have updated this a long time ago..), it actually turned out to be badly configured Autofac or LightInject (I forget which now, I think I was trying out both..). Once removed, the backoffice came back to life. I seem to remember I was trialling using an Umbraco package for IOC and was not registering something the correct way.

    This may have no bearing on why you're having issues.. You never know, could be the same thing!

    Mark

  • Daniel Cooper 6 posts 95 karma points
    Oct 31, 2018 @ 10:08
    Daniel Cooper
    0

    @Mark you're spot on. It was AutoFac config.

    Adding the following two lines sorted for me.

    builder.RegisterControllers(typeof(UmbracoFormsController).Assembly, typeof(Startup).Assembly).PropertiesAutowired(); builder.RegisterApiControllers(typeof(UmbracoFormsController).Assembly, typeof(Startup).Assembly);

  • Mark 116 posts 248 karma points
    Oct 31, 2018 @ 10:26
    Mark
    0

    Excellent stuff, glad that helped!

    Mark

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft