Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mila 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 17, 2018 @ 21:26
    Mila

Where to find "TO" email address associated with the Contact Form

Hello!

I "inherited" not perfectly written site and here is my problem.

Previous developer modified Contact Form template (did not create any views based on template etc). This is what shown on web site (for 100% - I modified and checked)

There is no recipient ("TO") e-mail address in that form. However, our client claims that they do receive e-mails from that form until about mid April.

I do have the site snapshot of the site from mid March that and it was not changed.

My question - WHERE in Umbraco you can specify recipient e-mail address, except Contact Form ? Could it use Admin e-mail if no other was specified ? I know how to modify the form, but I need to understand how the the client received e-mails from that form.

Thanks!!!

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 22, 2018 @ 16:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Mila

It depends on how the form was made, can you show the code?

Is it Umbraco forms or just custom solution?

Thanks,

Alex

• Mila 2 posts 72 karma points
    May 22, 2018 @ 21:58
    Mila

Alex, Thank you so much for the response. I am not allowed to show the entire code, because it belongs to the client. But as I said, a previous development company changed Contact From template, they did not do any custom development for this particular part.

In the Contact Form template I found the following code (from the reason mentioned above, I need to use neutral names):

<form>
                    <h3>Title1</h3>
                    <label>Field1</label>
                    <input type="text" />
                    <label>Field2</label>
                    <input type="text" />
                    <label>Field3</label>
                    <textarea></textarea>
                    <a class="button" href="">Send</a>
                </form>

As you see there is no actions in the form (but submit button too), href would bring me back to the same page, but there is no postback code.

SO - my question - if there is any kind of hidden place where e-mail parameters was specified.

Thanks !!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft