Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aaeda 117 posts 150 karma points
    May 28, 2018 @ 06:18
    aaeda

Get IP address

Hello

I wanted to know if it is possible to have a dynamic field in umbraco forms (4.4.3). In fact, I wanted to display the IP address of the user filling in when the admin receives the form. I tried to add a default value [@Request.ServerVariables("REMOTE_ADDR")] but it not working. Any idea how this can be achieved?

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 28, 2018 @ 06:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi aaeda

Can you try to use the line below and let me know if it does what you want to do

{@record.IP}

Hope this helps

/Dennis

• aaeda 117 posts 150 karma points
    May 28, 2018 @ 07:04
    aaeda

Hi Dennis

thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried but the field is blank. The forms version is 4.2.1 and not 4.4.3. It could be because of that?

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    May 01, 2019 @ 11:26
    Nurhak Kaya

Did you find a solution to this problem, please @aaeda?

Before Umbraco Forms, I used to use Umbraco Contour for some of my projects and I could capture the IP details of the webuser simply by adding something like this; Client IP {record.ip}, but this and similar combinations don't seem to be working. I have tried @Dennis Aean's suggestion as well as it made sense, but it didn't work either.

PS: Umbraco Forms logs the IP address details in the UFRecords table in the IP column. PS 2: Umbraco Forms version is 4.3.3

UPDATE: Here is the solution;

1. Go to your Umbraco Forms form
    2. Add Question, type will be Hidden
    3. Set Default Value as [@Remote_addr]

That is it! Hope this helps if you need it!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft