Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darryl 31 posts 112 karma points
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 09:28
    Darryl

Confirmation Email - Umbraco 7 Forms Workflow

How do I send a confirmation email to the user after they have submitted a form in Umbraco 7?

For example, if one of the form entries (Email) was [email protected], how could I send them a message (e.g. Thank you for your email, etc.) ?

I know that I can send myself an email via "Enter the receiver email"; however, I need the user's email in this text field as opposed to the myself.

Is this possible?

• Richard Eyres 98 posts 580 karma points
    Jun 14, 2018 @ 10:48
    Richard Eyres

Not tried this myself, but there is a page in the documentation for 'magic strings'.

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Add-ons/umbracoforms/developer/Magic-Strings/

States you can use form fields, so hopefully you will be able to use the email form field to send an email out.

Jun 14, 2018 @ 11:05
    Darryl

Thanks for the reply....

Yes it looks as though this is a possible way to do it:

Magic

I've noticed this in the Subject field in the Workflow: The Form '{form_name}' was submitted. However, what would be the ID for the email field, as I can't seem to see anything of this nature when I click the Settings icon?

Jun 14, 2018 @ 11:11
    Richard Eyres

Hello

This would depend on what you set the id for in the form. Depending on the version of Forms, you should be able to see the id of the field (most of the time, it uses the lowercase for the first item, and them removes spaces etc).

enter image description here

Jun 14, 2018 @ 11:18
    Darryl

Thanks again for the prompt reply....

I still can't see it, so I have attached a picture....

Email

The version of Umbraco is: Umbraco version 7.5.12 assembly: 1.0.6302.19134

Jun 14, 2018 @ 11:28
    Richard Eyres

Hello

Looks like an older version of forms (version 4). Not 100% certain if this would work in that version.

You are calling the field Email address, so try {emailAddress}.

If not, then you may need to create yourself a quick custom workflow to send the email to a field, but i would try the above first as it is much quicker.

Jun 14, 2018 @ 12:53
    Darryl

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know....

I'll give it a try and let you know if I'm successful or not.

Jun 22, 2018 @ 08:03
    Darryl

Just an update - I never found out the outcome of this problem, so I don't know if the solution provided above was successful.

I also was told that providing the field with the name of the field: Email Address, was a possible solution.

If anyone is able to try such solutions, it would be good to know if they work or not?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft