Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arunabha Das 38 posts 151 karma points
    Jun 20, 2018 @ 07:03
    Arunabha Das

Umbraco contour in 7.10.3

Hi, I have recently upgraded Umbraco version from 7.5.14 to 7.10.3. It works like a charm. However, When I am trying to access Contour dashboard, I am getting following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.]
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ValidateConnectionForExecute(SqlCommand command) +6733633
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ValidateCommand(String method, Boolean async) +308
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +151
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +107
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +288
           System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() +302
           Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(SqlConnection connection, SqlTransaction transaction, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters, SqlConnectionOwnership connectionOwnership) +196
           umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +432
           umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +161

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
           umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +361
           Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.SettingsStorage.GetSetting(Guid id, String key) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\SettingsStorage\SettingsStorage.cs:56
           Umbraco.Forms.Core.Form.CreateFromDataReader(IRecordsReader reader) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Form.cs:98
           Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.<>c__DisplayClass2.<GetAllForms>b__0() in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\FormStorage\FormStorage.cs:52
           Umbraco.Core.<>c__DisplayClass40_0`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0() +15
           Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<GetSafeLazy>b__0() +35

[Exception: Exception while creating a value.]
           Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +878
           Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem) +402
           umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +126
           umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) +112
           Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.CacheService.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Object syncLock, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Services\CacheService\CacheService.cs:62
           Umbraco.Forms.Data.Storage.FormStorage.GetAllForms(Boolean archived) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Data\FormStorage\FormStorage.cs:49
           Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dashboard.FormsDashboard.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\429a008aade626fe\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dashboard\FormsDashboard.ascx.cs:53
           System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
           System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
           System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 20, 2018 @ 08:03
    Nik

Hey Arunabha,

What version of Courier are you using?

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Getting-Started/Setup/Upgrading/version-specific#courier This comment in the version specific upgrade notes says that you must be running version 3.1.0 for Umbraco 7.6+

Thanks,

Nik

Jun 21, 2018 @ 06:54
    Arunabha Das

Hi Nik,

I am not using courier. I am talking Contour Forms.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2018 @ 13:20
    Nik

My apologies, I completely miss read your issue. It would be worth getting in touch with the HQ and finding out if Contour is still supported in the latest version of Umbraco. I know that Contour has been superseded by Forms, so if you are on a pre-Forms release version of it you may have issues?

Jun 21, 2018 @ 13:16
    Arunabha Das

I am getting error on this table:

2018-06-21 13:04:41,141 [P5260/D20/T27] ERROR umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1[[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlParameter, System.Data, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] - Error executing query SELECT * from UFSettings where id = @id and [key] = @key System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Feb 03, 2020 @ 01:57
    Chris Mahoney

Did you ever figure this out? I just upgraded from 7.5.14 to 7.15.3 and I'm getting the same error when trying to open Contour (version 3.0.31, which is the latest).

Feb 03, 2020 @ 07:31
    Arunabha Das

We stopped using contour now.. We are using inbuilt Umbraco Forms. They have stopped supporting contour now.

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Feb 04, 2020 @ 03:06
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks. It'd be nice if the Contour page actually said that it's no longer supported...

Now I'm having "fun" with trying to migrate over to Forms. If only this was a bit less painful!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft