Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 28, 2018 @ 13:52
    Owain Williams

What to keep in mind when upgrading Umbraco Forms?

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade a site which uses Umbraco Forms 4.3.2 to the latest version. The site itself will also be getting a full upgrade, from 7.4.3 to latest.

What things should I keep in mind when I do this to make sure

• All forms are kept intack
    • No data is lost e.g. form entries
    • Everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Thanks,

O.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 28, 2018 @ 16:38
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Owain

Assuming that you do the forms update locally and then afterwards deploy it to the live site I'd say remember to keep a backup of the /App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Data folder where all forms, workflows etc. are stored as json files. I have forgotten to do that once or twice and when the upgrade has been deployed the forms from the live site were deleted and those test forms from my local setup was added instead...doh! So it really depends on the approach you take when upgrading - In my case our deploy script worked in a way that it would delete the old files and replace them with the new ones from our latest release branch, which had been upgraded.

It's been a while since I have done an upgrade though but this part of the process is something that I never forgot these days :-) I think that the data folder is not stored in the "App_Data" folder since Umbraco 6 was released.

I hope this is useful :)

Will write again if I remember more stuff to consider.

/Jan

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 29, 2018 @ 09:07
    Owain Williams

Thanks Jan, that's really useful. I'll keep a note of this and make sure I tell others on the team.

O.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft