Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Jun 29, 2018 @ 20:46
    David Zweben

Setting the receiver email dynamically from a page property value?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do the following:

1. Have a single form embedded on multiple pages using a shared doctype and template
    2. On the embedded form, determine the 'receiver email' value based on the value of a 'receiverEmail' textstring on that specific page
    3. Do this in a way that prevents the email address from being viewable in the page's source code (e.g. not simply passing the email address as a macro parameter in plain text)

This would be very helpful for a specific use case of mine, where a form needs to be reused but go to different recipients. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
    David

• Marcel van Helmont 68 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Jun 30, 2018 @ 14:11
    Marcel van Helmont

There are Some Magic strings if i understand the Documentation correct the can be used also on the settings of a workflow..

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Magic-Strings/

• David Zweben 265 posts 749 karma points
    Jul 02, 2018 @ 11:52
    David Zweben

Perfect, thank you!

Update: The magic strings did exactly what I was looking to do.

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 02, 2021 @ 08:56
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

I wonder if this is possible when using Block List editor as well. For example a Contact Form block which has two picker: Form Picker and Employee picker (MNTP).

It would be great to be able to use e.g. email property from the selected employee and send the template mail to this email and could have a fallback in case no employee was selected or the email property was empty.

It is possible to use workflows to send email to the person who fill out the form: https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-7/developing-umbraco-7-packages/74933-umbraco-forms-send-email-copy-of-form-to-the-person-who-fill-out-the-form#comment-239759

I wonder if we can handle this by passing in the email or it requires a custom workflow to handle this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft