Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damon 217 posts 287 karma points
    Jul 03, 2018 @ 11:11
    Damon

What is this error that sometimes occurs when authorising form entries?

Hi, here is the red error:

Excuted Action: Failed to excute action Approve due to error: [object Object]

Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 03, 2018 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Damon

Not sure why this happens - What version of Forms are you currently using? And have you done any customisation of any kind, which could have this side effect?

Also I'm wondering if perhaps the log file can provide some more insight? Do you see anything marked with "ERROR", which is related to this issue? You find the log file in /App_Data/Logs

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Jul 04, 2018 @ 12:37
    Damon

Hi, Umrbaco 7.10.4. Forms 7.02. This only happened for about a day, the new ones are approving. This has happened before too. errors were:

The red error in Umbraco is:

Excuted Action: Failed to excute action Approve due to error: [object Object]

In web developer console: Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Record/PostExecuteRecordSetAction

The log error is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Services.RecordService.

Jul 04, 2018 @ 12:42
    Damon

Can you see the full log error? Not sure if it is showing.

Jul 04, 2018 @ 12:43
    Damon

2018-07-04 13:34:07,610 [P3920/D2/T26] ERROR Umbraco.Forms.Web.Editors.RecordController - Unhandled controller exception occurred System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.Web.Services.RecordService.

• Pallav Joshi 3 posts 52 karma points
    Sep 22, 2023 @ 14:04
    Pallav Joshi

Any Update on this as I am facing same issue.

I am trying to approve form entries manually using a scheduler using "RecurringHostedServiceBase" but its throwing "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. " on approve method. Here is the method I am using

_recordService.Approve(record, form);

I confirm that _recordService, record and from parameters are not null.

waiting for quick response.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft