Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Aug 22, 2018 @ 01:04
    Liam Dilley

Conditional workflows

I saw one thread in regard to this in the read only contour forums. I think this would be a powerful, yet simple addition to the Umbraco forms.

You can make custom workflows and have them with different options etc, this is great but it would be great to see a default ability on any workflow to say when it should work or not. A basic option to choose one of the form fields and the value to either fire or not fire the workflow.

This way you can then do things more easily like have a "Add me to mailing list" and then fire the custom workflow to register someone to mailchimp or campaign monitor only when that is met.

Either this or through Post Parameters optionally fire workflows based on those.

• Lee 35 posts 84 karma points
    Oct 03, 2019 @ 16:22
    Lee

I have not tried this, but it appears to be the solution.

https://github.com/a2wd/UmbracoForms.ConditionalWorkflows

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Oct 11, 2019 @ 00:12
    Liam Dilley

I will defiantly check this out, thanks.

• Lee 35 posts 84 karma points
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 14:57
    Lee

I tried the package with Umbraco 7.15.3 and Forms 7.2.0 (both are the latest available today), and it does work; however, note that since the code for it is not precompiled (into a DLL), you have to either recompile your Web app, or move the two .cs files into App_Code (for dynamic compilation), to actually get its 'Send an email with conditions' workflow item to appear in the 'configure workflow | Add workflow' UI choices.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft