Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajungla Lemtur 2 posts 72 karma points
    Aug 25, 2018 @ 06:05
    Ajungla Lemtur

Email and Phone Number validation

Hi, Has anyone tried Email and Phone number in contact form to validate fake email and phone number by sending OTP? Need Help.

• jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com 350 posts 1671 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Aug 26, 2018 @ 12:28
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Ajungla,

we've created a package that extends the default functionality of Forms a bit: https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-forms-on-perplex-steroids/. You can download it for free, and it adds among others the possibility to set a textfield as email and phonenumber field.

Regards, Jeffrey

• Karen Worth 27 posts 118 karma points
    Aug 18, 2020 @ 15:03
    Karen Worth

Thanks Jeffrey, the perplex-on-steroids is indeed impressive. However, not a big help for anyone just trying to learn the basic 'how to' in order to build their own custom fields and workflow objects. A few weeks back I needed to find out how to create a working fileupload with file type and size pre-value settings. This is when I found your package. Perplex is no doubt an excellent name to give such a large amount of functionality and I spent many days going through the code to see if I could grasp what I needed to do. Then I worked out something nice and simple without the need for additional controllers and wrappers etc. etc. So if you don't mind, when someone asks a question on here, bear in mind we are actually looking for some guidance on how to do a thing, not necessarily looking for a product that will do it all for us (with tons of extras) and the company won't let us use it anyway.

In this instance, I am looking for an example of how I frame the call to the FieldSettingsOverlay function, in order to validate my form field as an email address. I need an example because I am very new to this code.

Aug 18, 2020 @ 15:50

Hi Karen,

that is some good feedback and I did not wanted to push our package in any way. Sorry if I came across like that...

I just wanted to give some example code which could be inspiring and used to create something yourself. When I try to do new things I always look at examples to grasp the idea and then build my one. And of course read the fantastic documentation :) https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/

Plus; this was a really quick answer that I could give as a starting point. But I see your point...

Unfortunately my time is really limited, so I cannot help you with your exact question. Hopefully one of our fellow Umbracians can help you out!

Have a nice evening!

Jeffrey

enter image description here

• Karen Worth 27 posts 118 karma points
    Aug 19, 2020 @ 10:15
    Karen Worth

No worries! and I didn't mean to sound so terse! the Perplex on Steroids is a very impressive package and it is useful to peruse for answers on 'how to'. It's just that it is such an involved piece of work and I am very new to this and still tending to over-complicate my approach to solutions (hence I got a bit lost in the midst of Perplex on Steroids :D ). It's just a learning curve though and I have no doubt that access to the PoS source will prove very useful as I continue to create customised controls. So I am very grateful to you for making it available, and totally understand that you don't have the time to deal with the minutiae that new devs like me get a bit stuck on.

Aug 19, 2020 @ 10:41

Cool and thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft