Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ajungla Lemtur 2 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 25, 2018 @ 06:05
    Ajungla Lemtur

Email and Phone Number validation

Hi, Has anyone tried Email and Phone number in contact form to validate fake email and phone number by sending OTP? Need Help.

• [email protected] 406 posts 2135 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 26, 2018 @ 12:28
    jeffrey@umarketingsuite.com

Hi Ajungla,

we've created a package that extends the default functionality of Forms a bit: https://our.umbraco.com/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-forms-on-perplex-steroids/. You can download it for free, and it adds among others the possibility to set a textfield as email and phonenumber field.

Regards, Jeffrey

• Karen Worth 47 posts 140 karma points
    Aug 18, 2020 @ 15:03
    Karen Worth

Thanks Jeffrey, the perplex-on-steroids is indeed impressive. However, not a big help for anyone just trying to learn the basic 'how to' in order to build their own custom fields and workflow objects. A few weeks back I needed to find out how to create a working fileupload with file type and size pre-value settings. This is when I found your package. Perplex is no doubt an excellent name to give such a large amount of functionality and I spent many days going through the code to see if I could grasp what I needed to do. Then I worked out something nice and simple without the need for additional controllers and wrappers etc. etc. So if you don't mind, when someone asks a question on here, bear in mind we are actually looking for some guidance on how to do a thing, not necessarily looking for a product that will do it all for us (with tons of extras) and the company won't let us use it anyway.

In this instance, I am looking for an example of how I frame the call to the FieldSettingsOverlay function, in order to validate my form field as an email address. I need an example because I am very new to this code.

Aug 18, 2020 @ 15:50

Hi Karen,

that is some good feedback and I did not wanted to push our package in any way. Sorry if I came across like that...

I just wanted to give some example code which could be inspiring and used to create something yourself. When I try to do new things I always look at examples to grasp the idea and then build my one. And of course read the fantastic documentation :) https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/

Plus; this was a really quick answer that I could give as a starting point. But I see your point...

Unfortunately my time is really limited, so I cannot help you with your exact question. Hopefully one of our fellow Umbracians can help you out!

Have a nice evening!

Jeffrey

enter image description here

Aug 19, 2020 @ 10:15
    Karen Worth

No worries! and I didn't mean to sound so terse! the Perplex on Steroids is a very impressive package and it is useful to peruse for answers on 'how to'. It's just that it is such an involved piece of work and I am very new to this and still tending to over-complicate my approach to solutions (hence I got a bit lost in the midst of Perplex on Steroids :D ). It's just a learning curve though and I have no doubt that access to the PoS source will prove very useful as I continue to create customised controls. So I am very grateful to you for making it available, and totally understand that you don't have the time to deal with the minutiae that new devs like me get a bit stuck on.

Aug 19, 2020 @ 10:41

Cool and thanks!

• Isaiah Pellarp 19 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 13:56
    Isaiah Pellarp

Wish there was a downvote button here. Someone asked a question on this forum and Jeffrey replied with a package they have created to help and save whoever uses it some time instead of having to custom create your own solution..I find your reply extremely rude and you weren't even the original poster to this question.

Next time show some appreciation, especially if you have yet to specify what your needs were.

Stuff like this is why we can't have nice things.

P.S Jeffrey, personally I appreciate you linking your package, it surely helped me.

Aug 17, 2021 @ 14:44
    Karen Worth

Thanks again Jeff, I did manage to sort this. Relatively simple when you know how :) X

Aug 17, 2021 @ 14:36
    Karen Worth

Are you having a go at me? Because frankly I think you are out of order. If you read the full thread you will see that the conversation with Jeff was concluded nicely (over a year ago!). Also why in your view are people not allowed to add comments if they are not the original poster? By that metric you shouldn't comment either. I find you rude! Plus cowardly because you didn't call me out by name.

• Isaiah Pellarp 19 posts 73 karma points
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 14:39
    Isaiah Pellarp

No need to call you out by name when i replied to your post.

I never said only OP can reply..what I said was you went at someone who was trying to help, when you yourself wasn't the OP and hadn't stated any specific question yet yourself.

Aug 17, 2021 @ 14:40
    Karen Worth

And you obviously haven't read the full conversation because if you had you would see that I explained what I was looking for (and had been looking for guidance on for quite some time (at that time). Please at least be fully abreast of the facts before you start sniping at people. Please don't call me out again I am very busy.

Aug 17, 2021 @ 15:08

Wow... This escalated quickly :)...

Nobody was rude in my opinion and we all have the best intensions over here ❤!

Everybody happy :)?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft