Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• tofu 9 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 19, 2018 @ 07:12
    tofu

How to login to Back Door on a Umbraco installation you have no user on.

Hi, I recently got started with Umbraco, and am currently stuck with very rudimentary stuff, so I installed a starterkit - from Mr. Paul, thank you Paul!- but I'm not quite sure how I can login to the Back Office.

The only thing I'm certain about is that those credentials are kept by the DB so it never is because him not providing me with the login credential -it doesn't work anyway-

So how should I do that? In my understanding, it has to do with the part below, in WebConfig (the one directly under your project, not the one in the Config folder in there.)

<connectionStrings>
        <remove name="umbracoDbDSN"/>
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="server=*******************;database=DBNAME;user id=IDNAME;password='PWD'" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
        <!-- Important: If you're upgrading Umbraco, do not clear the connection string / provider name during your web.config merge. -->
      </connectionStrings> 

I connected to a local DB server that already has a pair of a user and its credential, but doesn't seem to be working...

Thanks in advance.

Sep 19, 2018 @ 09:23
    tofu

should have provided you with the actual code;

<connectionStrings>
        <remove name="umbracoDbDSN" />
        <add name="umbracoDbDSN" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|\Umbraco.sdf;Flush Interval=1;" providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
        <!-- Important: If you're upgrading Umbraco, do not clear the connection string / provider name during your web.config merge. -->
    </connectionStrings>

I tried specifying a local DB with a set of a username and its password, but since it is a starter kit, what with pictures and texts, specifying a different source totally evicerates the whole meaning of installing a starter kit....

Does any one have any idea?

Sep 19, 2018 @ 11:44
    tofu

Sorry, was able to get inside, I created another SQL server with a valid credential and then applied that credential and got into Umbraco. Soon after than I swapped the credential to the target server, and I was sucessfully able to get inside.

not sure if this works for other people, but hope it helps someone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft