Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Caractacus Downes 81 posts 314 karma points
    Oct 02, 2018 @ 12:39
    Caractacus Downes

Upgrading Contour for reCAPTCHA

Hi,

I've been asked to fix a problem on an Umbraco site I didn't develop. The site is running Umbraco v.4.11.10 and Contour v.3.0.6.

The problem is that I need to add a reCAPTCHA field to a basic contact form, but this doesn't appear to be available in Contour v.3.0.6.

The solution would seem to be to upgrade Contour to a more recent version which does support reCAPTCHA fields.

My problem is that I don't have full access to the live server the site is running on, so I'd like to be really confident the upgrade is going to work before I try. I don't have the option to build up a test site to practice on. Doing a site restore from backups if I get into trouble is going to be long-winded and involve what might be unacceptable downtime. I've developed a few Umbraco sites in the past and have quite often found updating software versions to be tricky and time consuming in unhelpful ways, which is what is making me cautious. I don't want to be caught out on this one.

So my questions are:

• What version should I upgrade Contour to? UmbracoContour.package.3.0.31.V4.zip seems to be the most recent that supports Umbraco v.4, but the link to the installation documentation leads nowhere so I'm not sure.

• Are there any helpful instructions still available for this upgrade procedure?

• Has anyone else had any experience of doing this, and if so would they be willing to share the things that are going to trip me up?

Any help or advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Crac

• Caractacus Downes 81 posts 314 karma points
    Oct 11, 2018 @ 12:17
    Caractacus Downes

Bump!

Does anyone have any advice?

Cheers,

Crac

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to: