Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Madsen 4 posts 84 karma points
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 16:49
    Eric Madsen

Umbraco Forms on dev/test subdomains licensing question

Hello, I'm looking to purchase the Forms plugin but it's unclear if I need to purchase three licenses to cover for my dev/test/prod environments. Our users will only be interacting with Production so it's not something we want to purchase if we don't need to.

Also we are in the process of building out our hardware and are testing on a Avid cloud environment so our IP and Domain will be changing. I'm wondering if this will also be a problem for our licensing.

I sent my questions to through the contact form a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet.

thanks! Eric

• Bo Jacobsen 593 posts 2389 karma points
    Oct 03, 2018 @ 19:10
    Bo Jacobsen

Hi Eric.

1 licens for each domain and you can have as many subdomains as you want. But if you change domain, you need a new one or buy an additional domain licens, wish is cheaper then a new one. I dont think ip change is a problem. But i do not actuelly know.

Each licens comes with 1 live domain and 2 development sites of your choice. As far as i know, localhost do always work.

• Eric Madsen 4 posts 84 karma points
    Oct 05, 2018 @ 20:41
    Eric Madsen

thanks Bo. Do you know if the *.mydomain.com would include something like test.mysubdomain.mydomain.com? we are awaiting final architecture specs to know the final domains, while at the same time eager to fill out the licensing (I made the purchase) so we can begin development and testing.

thanks, Eric

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Oct 05, 2018 @ 21:27
    Niels Hartvig

Hi Bo!

Yes, that would work. Friendly Licensing :)

/n

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft