Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lucas Barr 2 posts 82 karma points
    Oct 13, 2018 @ 17:53
    Lucas Barr

Umbraco & Mailchimp Form Integration

Hi there,

I am new to the forum, and to Umbraco.

I am a marketing manager and have recently taken on a client with an umbraco site. They want me to manage their content and we are looking to build a mailing list.

I am struggling with adding a Mailchimp form to the site. The site currently has a contact form which sits in the Footer - so I would like the MC form to sit alongside this.

I have used this guide to install the package and connect MC to the site: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/website-utilities/mailchimp-integration/

From here, I cannot find where I would be able to add a form etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Site details: Umbraco version 7.10.2 assembly: 1.0.6673.23513

FYI I have very minimal developer skills and am more comfortable on the wordpress platform.

Thanks

• Paul Tilsed 26 posts 179 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2018 @ 08:37
    Paul Tilsed

Hi Lucas,

Welcome to Umbraco!

I've not used this package before but it looks like the forms would be available via a macro. These can be embedded into any rich text editor (RTE) on a page or called directly in a template.

There is documentation here which will explain in detail what macros are and how you can use them.

It will depend on your template set up as to how you utilise the macro but the simplest way would be to embed them into a RTE. That way Umbraco will deal with rendering the correct mark up. There are examples in the documentation of how you can embed them in a template with code but this might be a complex task if your not use to working with Umbraco yet.

Hope this helps,

Paul

• Lucas Barr 2 posts 82 karma points
    Oct 23, 2018 @ 12:34
    Lucas Barr

Thank you Paul, much appreciated.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft