Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian McNally 13 posts 91 karma points
    Nov 13, 2018 @ 23:48
    Brian McNally

Magic Strings not appearing

So I'm curious if I'm missing a step with magic strings, I'm unable to get them to appear anywhere whether it's in a subject field or body. My ultimate goal is to use it to send a confirmation to the form submitter but when I try to add my {submitterEmail} magic string to the email field I get a log error that email recipients was blank. Also when I try to use any magic string in anywhere it just doesn't appear on my emails. I've tested with my other fields( firstName, lastName....etc).

So the default value for subject field of: The Form '{form_name}' was submitted

appears as this when submitted and emailed to me: The Form '' was submitted

Is there something I need to do to trigger magic strings to work?

Umbraco version: 7.6.3 Umbraco forms: 6.0.3

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 14, 2018 @ 06:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

There is currently a bug with Forms where the magic string does not refer to the alias of the form field but the name if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I have been doing forms myself but remember someone else having an issue where it turned out that currently the name of the field and not the alias is the one that should be referenced.

Could that be the issue in your case too I wonder?

/Jan

Nov 14, 2018 @ 19:06
    Brian McNally

Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for the reply here. Probably a dumb question but where would I find the name to use?form field In the case below for the email field I'm assuming the 'submitterEmail' is the Alias, would I use {Your email address} then?

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 14, 2018 @ 19:08

yeah but I think you need to lowercase it and remove spaces, so would be {youremailaddress}

Nov 14, 2018 @ 19:12
    Brian McNally

BAM! that did the trick...thank you guys so much. an we mark 2 answers correct? I feel like we need to be able to mark the score as well as the assist ;-)

• Comment author was deleted

Nov 14, 2018 @ 19:17

haha :)

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Feb 27, 2019 @ 08:12
    Anders Brohus

Woow..

We have had so many problems because of this, and now i found the solution.. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft