Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Challener 80 posts 444 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2019 @ 20:52
    David Challener

Change fields displayed on submitted record list view

I'd like to change the columns shown on the Umbraco form entries list view. Not the view that displays cards for forms, but the list of form entries that each form has received.

Currently, it shows the first three or so fields on the form as columns in the list view by default. In an ideal world, there might be a custom list view editor in the back office much like there is for other list views in Umbraco, but I couldn't find any way to change it other than of editing the files in App_Plugins.

Is there any way of changing these?

Many thanks,

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 10:00
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Given that I didn't answer your email, and forcing you to post on the forum - thought it would give it a look. :)

it doesn't look like this view is customizable. The list is built on the entries page ~/App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Backoffice/Form/entries.html which has the defined columns in it.

this gets its data from the call to umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/Record/PostRetriveRecords which really only returns the data in the fields :( so you can't edit the page and add extra things because they are not sent over via the API :(

Feature request for forms ? https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.Forms.Issues/issues/

• Ric Carey 50 posts 93 karma points
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 11:04
    Ric Carey

Not ideal, (one way of doing it though) but couldn't you write your controller action which replicates that call and returns the data you need. Then use that action rather than the default Umbraco Forms one? Obviously if you upgrade Forms you'd have to know to not overwrite this.

• David Challener 80 posts 444 karma points c-trib
    Feb 08, 2019 @ 13:00
    David Challener

Thanks guys,

I was kind of hoping rather than actually thinking there would be a way out of this. The big kicker is we're using Umbraco Cloud, so any solution we put in place has to be mindful that the files will be overwritten (quite regularly actually)

I had thought of writing another workflow (or even just the duplicate to new datasource) then exposing that data in the back office. This is horrible though, as it raises issues with GDPR, the data isn't in the same place as forms, and just feels wrong!

I'll have a play with a different API call, but think it will be logging a feature request.

Many thanks, David

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft