Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Roscam 13 posts 113 karma points
    Feb 21, 2019 @ 14:14
    Jeroen Roscam

Problem in forms with output when using conditionals

Hi folks,

I have a problem in forms with the output when using conditionals. For example:

Question 1, single choice: A or B

Choose A, you get another single choice question 2: choose C / D / E Choose B, you get question 3: choose F / G / H

Someone chooses question 1:A, and then 2:C. But before submitting the form, he goes back to question 1, chooses B, and then 3:G.

Then the output should only show: Question 1:B Question 2: Question 3:G

But instead it shows: Question 1:B Question 2:C Question 3:G

Which is very confusing. And a problem, since (in this example) 2:C and 3:G are mutually exclusive. Only the options that are selected when submitting, should be submitted. Is there any way to correct this?

Best, Jeroen

Feb 26, 2019 @ 08:02
    Jeroen Roscam

Any ideas? Maybe a way to clear all fields that don't match their conditions, when submitting?

Correction: I found that what I wrote above is not the whole story. The problem doesn't happen with single choice questions. Only with text-fields that are triggered by single choice questions.

So: Question 1:A triggers question 2( text field): I enter 'D'. Before submitting the form, I go back to Question 1, choose B. That triggers question 3. I choose or enter F.

The results show: 1: B 2: D 3: F

But it should show: 1: B 2: 3: F

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeroen

Feb 26, 2019 @ 14:46
    Jeroen Roscam

I solved this in part, that is, in the confirmation mail (but not in the database). In the e-mail I used if-statements to only show the result of question 2, if the condition was met. If Question 1 had A as answer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft