Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Germán Díaz de Rada 4 posts 75 karma points c-trib
    Mar 15, 2019 @ 15:34
    Germán Díaz de Rada

Can't edit forms after upgrading from 4.2.2 to 7.05

Hi people,

I've upgraded Umbraco from 7.3.8 to 7.12.3 and Umbraco Forms from 4.22 to 7.05. Apart from many other issues I'm not able to edit a from in the backoffice, when I click on any nothing is displayed and there's an error in the console for the following request:

https://mydomain/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoForms/FormSecurity/GetByUserId?userId=30 500 (Internal Server Error)

ExceptionMessage: "Sequence contains more than one matching element"
    ExceptionType: "System.InvalidOperationException"

Looking at the stacktrace the error is thrown by the SingleOrDefault() function of the IEnumerable interface when trying to retrieve the forms for the given user. I already checked the db and there is no duplicates for this user (neither for others) and don't know what else to check. Any ideas?

PS: Db and App Service on Azure. Works fine locally pointing to the same db though

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 16, 2019 @ 10:31
    Tom Madden

I had this error message and I had form entries with the same id. The error is basically correct, shame it doesn't give a clue to where the duplicates are. HTH t

Mar 18, 2019 @ 10:59
    Germán Díaz de Rada

Thanks Tom but as I said, there's no duplicate form entries. It's got to be something with the environment since it works fine locally.

• Simon Hartfield 6 posts 88 karma points
    May 03, 2019 @ 13:06
    Simon Hartfield

Hi Germán,

You'll likely find a duplicate entry in the UFUserFormSecurity table. The combination of UserId and Form will be duplicated somewhere.

We have this bug across about many clients and servers so it's not your installation, it's just some combinations of actions that causes it to happen.

Hope this fixes it.

May 03, 2019 @ 13:53
    Germán Díaz de Rada

Hi Simon, thanks for your answer, however there is no duplicate either with same combination of Form and UserId in that table.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft