Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jake Zamb 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 16, 2019 @ 13:06
    Jake Zamb

The SessionStateTempDataProvider class requires session state to be enabled.

I am using Umbraco Forms and after adding a Macro "Insert Form with Theme" with the form I have created with its own theme I got the following exception once I want to access where the form is:

Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase Message=An unhandled exception occurred System.InvalidOperationException: The SessionStateTempDataProvider class requires session state to be enabled. at System.Web.Mvc.SessionStateTempDataProvider.SaveTempData(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 values) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.PossiblySaveTempData() at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.

If I change the session state mode to "InProc" or "SQLServer" works, but it's impacting on the performance of the whole site and throwing others exceptions.

Is it mandatory the session state enabled? Can I a solve this situation without enabling the session state and keeping it in mode="Off"?

• Jin 11 posts 91 karma points
    Mar 16, 2019 @ 18:33
    Jin

The default behavior of tempdata is to leverage the session for data Storage.

You can implement your own itempdataprovider as suggested here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gregshackles.com/asp-net-mvc-do-you-know-where-your-tempdata-is/amp/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft