Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 12:49
    Dan Evans

Adding ReCatcha to Umbraco 6.1 site

Hi,

I have a legacy Umbraco 6 site. I had a ReCaptcha v1 on Umbraco Contour version 3.0.31 but this stopped working a while ago when Google retired v1.

I don't really want to upgrade the site to U7 as it's not got much life left in it but we are getting loads of SPAM so need to add a Captcha

Is there a v2/v3 capture available for U6/Contour 3.0.31?

Thanks

Dan

• Gilles 26 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 12:54
    Gilles

Hi,

I'm not sure about v6 as I just started using Umbraco with v8. But I also had to add a captcha to my form contact. However, it is not a special Umbraco package. I'm using https://github.com/henriqb/ReCaptcha-Asp-Net this NuGet Package which is basically an Asp.Net/MVC compatible implementation.

Maybe that will help.

Regards

Apr 29, 2019 @ 13:01
    Dan Evans

Thanks for this. ReCaptcha is built into Umbraco Forms un U8 so you wouldn't need to use a special implementation however if you are building your own forms this looks perfect.

My issue is because I am using the Umbraco Contour package it would involve some considerable work to integrate it with this package so it would probably be simpler to just upgrade Umbraco itself.

• Gilles 26 posts 108 karma points
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 14:23
    Gilles

Yes indeed, I use my own Form (as it is only a Contact Form, I don't have a special need for Umbraco Forms)

I didn't notice that you are using Contour.

Sorry, can't help with that.

Apr 29, 2019 @ 13:43
    Dan Evans

As far as I can tell this is not possible because:

1. All Recatcha v2 plugins are for Umbraco Forms NOT Umbraco Contour
    2. Umbraco Forms is only compatible with Umbraco 7+
    3. Therefore the only way to get a Recaptcha v2 on my site is to upgrade to Umbraco 7 and then upgrade to Umbraco Forms?
  • Rhys Hamilton 140 posts 942 karma points
    Apr 29, 2019 @ 14:44
    Rhys Hamilton

One option that you could use is to write some custom code in the FormValidate event for Contour, for example, you could prevent submission if the e-mail matches any of the spam addresses, or obviously something a bit more advanced. I'm not sure how easy implementing ReCaptcha this way would be, but you might be able to add some level of validation.

I think this is the "easiest" solution given that you don't want to upgrade.

There's an example here of hooking up to this event in Contour.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft