Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M 40 posts 273 karma points
    May 23, 2019 @ 11:03
    M

Custom workflow using email template

I've created a custom workflow to allow me to CC form submissions to an email address using https://our.umbraco.com/forum/umbraco-forms/87822-how-to-add-reply-to-bcc-functionality-to-umbraco-forms as a basis.

I'd now like to include the "razor email template functionality" of the default workflow. I've added

[Umbraco.Forms.Core.Attributes.Setting("Email Template", description = "Email template to use", view = "EmailTemplatePicker")]
        public string EmailTemplate { get; set; }

So I've got a picker working now, but I'm not sure how to combine the form submission with the template.

I've seen this on the forums, but it seems a bit long winded for something that's already built in somewhere.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Jun 17, 2019 @ 13:26
    M

Turns out there is an easier way. Within your custom workflow's execute method you can do

record.ParseWithRazorView(filePath);

Easy when you know how.

• Rick 31 posts 81 karma points
    Dec 15, 2020 @ 17:31
    Rick

How did you get this working? When I add:

record.ParseWithRazorView(filePath);

I get "'Record does not contain a definition for 'ParseWithRazorView'", and I don't get any suggestions for using namespaces...

Dec 16, 2020 @ 08:58
    M

I don't remember doing anything special - my code and namespaces are broadly similar to the link in the first post. Here's the relevant extract, if that helps:

public override WorkflowExecutionStatus Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e)
        {
            MailMessage m = new MailMessage();
            m.From = new MailAddress(Properties.Settings.Default.emailFrom);
            m.Subject = Subject;
            m.IsBodyHtml = true;

var bodyFromView = record.ParseWithRazorView("~/Views/Partials/" + EmailTemplate);

m.Body = bodyFromView ;
            SmtpClient s = new SmtpClient(Properties.Settings.Default.smtpServer);
            s.Send(m);
            return WorkflowExecutionStatus.Completed;
        }

Dec 16, 2020 @ 10:40
    Rick

Ok, thanks. But for some reason this doesn't work for me.

When I use that exact code I still get "CS1061: 'Record' does not contain a definition for 'ParseWithRazorView' and no accessible extension method 'ParseWithRazorView' accepting a first argument of type 'Record' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Btw, I'm using Umbraco Forms version 8.6.0

I've got it working now with a plain .html-file as a workaround, but would be nice if I can use the Picker-functionality from Forms itself. Maybe someone else reads this and got the solution :-)

Dec 16, 2020 @ 11:02
    M

Ah I'm using v7 forms, so that could be it.

• Manish Manandhar 5 posts 74 karma points
    Aug 03, 2022 @ 01:38
    Manish Manandhar

Hey Rick,

Any update on this one? Also can you please elaborate on the workaround for this one?

Aug 03, 2022 @ 15:01
    Rick

Sorry, but I actually have no idea anymore which project this was... So can't look it up for you... Sorry :)

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2021 @ 22:52
    Alex Skrypnyk

this is working for v8:

var sendEmailWorkflow = new Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendEmail(_xmlService, _contentSection)
    {
        Email = email,
        SenderEmail = SenderEmail,
        Subject = Subject,
        Message = Message,
        Attachment = Attachment
    };
    sendEmailWorkflow.Execute(record, e);

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft