Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieron 152 posts 390 karma points
    Jun 18, 2019 @ 14:06
    Kieron

Multiple Choice, and File Upload, how to map them to data types on submit

Hello, on my form I have added a Multiple Choice checkbox with values, and I am trying to map it to an XML Nupicker multichoice, but can't see obviously how to do it, will the form type only play ball with the default Umbraco Checkbox List type?

If so, how do you map what someone ticks on the form, to boxes being ticked on the node?

--

Same with File Upload form type, can this drop into a media picker item? Or will it only drop into the File Upload data type? I have changed to using a File Upload, but this data type is a bit lacklustre compared to media picker, I don't think I can get extension or filesize from this object.

Thanks!

• Ali Kazai 11 posts 82 karma points c-trib
    Jun 20, 2019 @ 13:09
    Ali Kazai

you can customise the umbraco forms. there is a FieldTypes folder in ~/Views/Partials/Forms inside there are a bunch of Fieldtypes you can use or create your own. These are for the view.

you need to create class that inherits from Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldType where you can create a new field type for umbraco forms to use.

finally in App_Plugins > UmbracoForms > Common > FieldTypes create html smilar to the files that are in the folder these are to display the new field type in the backoffice to use.

with these you should be able to setup a new fieldtype to use with umbraco forms. i recently created a input field that autocompletes user input from data in a file.

hope this helps

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft