Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Connor Forsyth 7 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 04, 2019 @ 13:16
    Connor Forsyth

Is it possible to prevent the default data consent field from automatically being added to new forms?

Hi,

As the title describes, I would like to prevent this field from displaying when creating new forms as we collect our consent through other means and was hoping someones maybe done this before.

Thank you for your time,

Connor Forsyth

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2019 @ 23:37
    Marc Goodson

Hi Connor

It's hard-wired to add the default consent form field to all new forms when they are created...

... there isn't a configuration option to turns this off.

But if you create a new form - and remove the consent field - you can 'copy' this new 'template' form to create new forms that won't contain the consent field.

As you can also customise the FormsTree menu items by listening for the MenuRendering event...

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Extending/Section-Trees/trees#menurendering

I'm wondering if you could 'remove' the existing default 'Create' option in this event, and replace it with a new create option, that calls the url which would create a 'copy' of your template form - so Editors when they choose the 'Create' option would get a new form without the consent default option appearing...

regards

Marc

• Connor Forsyth 7 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 10, 2019 @ 06:59
    Connor Forsyth

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the slow reply,

Thank you for your help I'll give that a go.

Thank you for your time,

Connor Forsyth

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 17, 2021 @ 16:56
    Lee Kelleher

Following up on an old thread, (as I'd searched for the same question - and, in case others find this in future).

As of Umbraco Forms v8.7.0, there is now an option to disable the automatic addition of the Data Consent field to new forms.

<setting key="DisableAutomaticAdditionOfDataConsentField" value="True" />

https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Configuration/#disableautomaticadditionofdataconsentfield

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft