Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Darren Eccles 59 posts 298 karma points
    Jul 23, 2019 @ 15:10
    Darren Eccles

Umbraco 7 Form conditions not working

I've got a umbraco 7.4.3 site using umbraco forms 4.4.2

When I go to add conditions they don't work, for example

1. I'll add a form element Q1 with Yes and No (multiple choice)
    2. I'll add a second form element Q2 (textbox) with a condition Show if Q1 is No

Initially it hides the field, but when I select No, it doesn't do anything (I'm expecting to show Q2 when I select No), however in my console log I can see it showing and hiding.

I have all my JavaScript files setup correctly, unobtrusive works with the mandatory fields.

For some reason the following line is not updating client side:

bool hidden = f.HasCondition && f.ConditionActionType == FieldConditionActionType.Show;

I'm running out of ideas, I've been outputting info to the console log from App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Assests/umbracoforms-conditions.js

I've also made sure that all fields are mandatory, have default values etc...

I've also looked at the google result for condition not working.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

• Darren Eccles 59 posts 298 karma points
    Jul 24, 2019 @ 09:10
    Darren Eccles

Hi all,

Found the problem, nothing to do with the line of code above, the javascript conditional code was targeting the wrong div, see below:

App_Plugins/UmbracoForms/Assets/umbracoforms-conditions.js

Change:

for (fieldId in fieldConditions) {
             handleCondition($("#" + fieldId).closest(".contourField"), fieldId, fieldConditions[fieldId], "Field");
        }

To:

for (fieldId in fieldConditions) {
            handleCondition($("#" + fieldId).closest(".form-group"), fieldId, fieldConditions[fieldId], "Field");
        }

All my div's in umbraco forms are wrapped with the class '.form-group', not '.countourField'.

Hopefully this will help others out :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft