Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mark 9 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 09, 2019 @ 12:51
    mark

Can't create a new form

We cannot create a new form.

This is a new installation. When we click on Create New Form >> nothing happens (other than the 3 dots/ellipses), we just get a blank page.

Hovering over the Forms folder on the top left, brings up the menu item >> empty form, but again, nothing happens after clicking on 'Empty Form'.

We have checked permissions, and even admin users cannot create new forms.

Clicking on our user profile does reveal that we should have permission to use 'Forms' because it appears under our profile name.

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 09, 2019 @ 13:10
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Mark,

This works fine for us. I think it could be related to permissions issue. You can give your root directory full read/write permissions and try.

Or uninstall Forms plugin and reinstall again.

Please can you also check if form tables have been created in correct schema.

Cheers, Shaishav

• mark 9 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 09, 2019 @ 13:17
    mark

thanks Shaishav, I didn't realise you needed to purchase a license for Umbraco forms.

however, I thought the module was supposed to work locally, but even accessing forms locally - just says that we need to purchase a license.

we might try looking for a free form module/plugin if there are any...

• Martin Rhodes 13 posts 130 karma points
    Sep 09, 2021 @ 15:59
    Martin Rhodes

This fixed it for me:

• Uninstall the Umbraco Forms NuGet package

• Delete the App_Plugins/UmbracoForms folder

• Re-install the Umbraco Forms NuGet package

I think the problem I was facing was that a previous upgrade had failed to update app_plugins/UmbracoForms/js/umbraco.forms.js.

Deleting the UmbracoForms folder before a re-install ensures a clean copy of this file is installed.

After deleting the folder and re-installing the NuGet package, I also had to do a shift-refresh in my browser when on the Forms tab in Umbraco to force it to load the new umbraco.foms.js file - and then Umbraco Forms started working as expected again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft