Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 132 posts 427 karma points
    1 week ago
    Paul

One form to send multiple emails to different addresses with different titles?

Hi everyone,

I've got a query regarding the feasibility of something and I'm hoping someone who's spent a bit more time working on forms can advise if it's possible !

What I'd like is a form where a user completes their details at the top (e.g. name, email address etc) then they're asked a series of questions like:

• Do you have a google account?
    • Do you have a facebook account?
    • Do you have a Twitter account?

If they answer yes to one (or more of these) an email is sent out. E.g. answer yes to Google and an email titled "Google email" goes to google@mydomain.com.

So if they answer yes to all three, three separate emails go out to different email addresses with email titles that are different.

In an absolutely ideal world I'd just have the initial user details and the pertinent question set sent out per different email. E.g. Answer yes to Twitter account, and an email titled "twitter" goes to xxx@mydomain.com with a subject of Twitter and it contains the initial user details and the answer to the Twitter question (but not the answer to the Google/Facebook question)

Has anyone tackled anything like this previously?

Environment: Umb 7.15.1 & Forms 7.0.6 (though if it helps I could bump them to 15.3 & 7.1.3)

• Lars Heesakkers 15 posts 106 karma points
    1 week ago
    Lars Heesakkers

You can add a custom workflow for your form and handle the mails in code. https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoForms/Developer/Extending/Adding-a-Workflowtype

• Paul 132 posts 427 karma points
    1 week ago
    Paul

Thanks Lars, I did have a quick look at that but wasn't 100% sure it'd be able to do what I wanted; hence asking about feasibility. Looks like I've just got to have a go with it now and see what's possible.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft