Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joseph May 11 posts 104 karma points
    Jun 25, 2020 @ 18:00
    Joseph May

Heartcore API caching (or, how can I see my changes immediately)

Hello,

I've noticed there's a lag time between when content changes and when that change is reflected in API calls.

For example, if I delete an item from the content tree, the Heartcore API will still return that item for a few minutes. So my application using the API is still showing it, even though it was just deleted by the user.

Here's another scenario:

Code calls API to check if an item with a certain name already exists. The API returns nothing. So we create the item with that name. In the backoffice, I end up with name (1) because the item actually did exist, but the API wasn't returning it yet.

Is there any way I can disable caching for the API? I'd prefer my applications use their own caching strategy and the API always returns the most up to date information.

Thanks, Joe

• Hoogieee 1 post 21 karma points
    May 10, 2021 @ 13:01
    Hoogieee

Having the same issue. Any updates on this?

• PascalIcatt 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 09, 2021 @ 10:31
    PascalIcatt

It seems like it is a bug in Heartcore

According to the cloudflare docs the Cache-Control header governs the cache behaviour. https://developers.cloudflare.com/cache/about/default-cache-behavior

When I send a request to /content with Cache-Control: no-cache the cf-cache-status returns HIT instead of DYNAMIC. This should not be possible.

Can someone from Umbraco Heartcore please answer this question? It is 15 months old...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft