Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Donnie Hale 2 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 13:45
    Donnie Hale

GraphQL Playground not working

I've signed up for the free trial of Umbraco Heartcore. I'm following the information at https://umbraco.com/blog/introducing-graphql-for-heartcore/, which specifically says that the feature is available in the free trial.

I'm seeing two problems. First, a basic query that is copied from that article is returning:

{
      "data": {
        "content": null
      }
    }

This is the query:

{
      content(url: "/home/") {
        name
      }
    }

Here's the info for that piece of content:

Here's the info for that piece of content:

It's published, the url is correct, the query matches the examples. But no data.

Second, that article as well as this document state that the schema documentation in the playground will be updated as new document types are added. That's not happening either.

I haven't found a way to get direct support from Umbraco for this question. I'm hoping someone here might be able to answer it or point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

• Donnie Hale 2 posts 71 karma points
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 15:09
    Donnie Hale

Well nothing changed. It didn't work for 1-1/2 days. I clicked the playground's "execute" arrow for about the 15th time (without changing the query at all), and it started working.

At first the new document types didn't show up in the schema docs. So I did a hard-refresh on the page (Ctrl-F5). Now they show up, and they are offered as hints/auto-complete in the query editor.

I changed nothing. Glad it's working now. Wish I knew what happened.

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 11, 2020 @ 16:44
    Morten Christensen

Hi Donnie,

Thanks for posting here. Did you get in touch with support? I would have assumed that reaching out through the Umbraco Cloud portal could have yielded some answers :)

We have had an issue with data ingestion the last couple of days, which we discovered and fixed earlier today.

Sorry about the hiccup! Shouldn't happen again.

(And yes GraphQL is part of the free trial)

All the best,

Morten Christensen, Umbraco HQ

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft