Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• athenasumit 18 posts 69 karma points
    Apr 27, 2021 @ 15:27
    athenasumit

Manage UI via Umbraco Heartcore?

I am using Umbraco Heartcore Node.js client. Is it possible to create pages on the go in Node.js webapp without changing the frontend code? Can we create UI on Umbraco Heartcore that can be directly published on a Node.js webapp? Can we edit font size, element position etc. that can be reflected immediately on webapp?

• Lindow 154 posts 1301 karma points
    Apr 27, 2021 @ 20:37
    Lindow

Hi there.

Are you referring to this Node.js client library?

Its main purpose is to get a general understanding of how to work with Node and Heartcore rather than to use it for your actual solution :)

Now, it's been a while since I've spun that solution up, so I can't remember how its structure, however, the things you've mentioned are definitely possible to achieve using a JS framework.

For the pages on the go part, one of the approaches would be a for each loop for all content nodes created using a given document type.

Or you could go further and add a navigation section to your document types where you could enter values that would let you build routing for the nodes via the Heartcore backoffice.

As for font size, position, colors, etc. you could simply use a dropdown with different values and then depending on which value is chosen append new styling to an element.

Either way, it'll require a developer to create a project web app :)

Best,
    Darek

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft