Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• athenasumit 18 posts 69 karma points
    Jul 16, 2021 @ 11:02
    athenasumit

Can a member access backoffice?

In API documentation there is no endpoint to fetch User information. Can a member access backoffice? How can a assign members of a group access to certain document? Or shall I create users for this use case?

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 03:28
    Liam Dilley

Why would you? They are different things. You got your users you can setup for various rights to access the back office. A member would have a login to a more front end solution like dashboard / interface for their things.

What are you trying to achieve?

Jul 19, 2021 @ 05:05
    athenasumit

I want my content creator to create content for my website. So I want to give him limited access to Umbraco documents. Also, I want my website users to know about the content creator. What I did to achieve that is, I added a user picker that will represent the content creator. But I was unable to fetch user picker's user details via API & GraphQL. So I were looking into some way to fetch details about the content creator using API or GraphQL. I am not sure if I should use member or a user for my use-case.

• Liam Dilley 153 posts 379 karma points
    Jul 19, 2021 @ 05:08
    Liam Dilley

In terms of submissions..

• With Umbraco Forms you can create content nodes from the submission.
    • You can have an approval process steps to only create the content on approval or just blind and publish workflows on the content nodes themsevles.

So you got a few options there.

You can create a members login and pages only for them of course and all the above include document/image submissions for all that. The member can have a profile, custom fields that you then view on the website as well.

This is all pretty straight forward.

Jul 19, 2021 @ 05:16
    athenasumit

Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted to know. Things are much clear now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft