Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ViNordic 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 10, 2021 @ 10:08
    ViNordic

Beginning heartcore

List of questions

1. Installed sample .net project, get an error saying: DataAnnotation validation failed for members: 'ProjectAlias' with the error: 'The ProjectAlias field is required.'. Even thou i added my project in app.settings (its called: peters-straightforward-fennec-fox)
    2. Connection to API thru Advanced Rest client: And why dosnt this work? https://www.pcl.dk/api.png
    3. When creating a GraphQL, how do name it, so it can be utlillized thru my client application?
  • Lindow 154 posts 1301 karma points
    Nov 10, 2021 @ 11:36
    Lindow

Hi there.

For the sample, I recommend to look into this documentation - https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Heartcore/Client-Libraries/Dot-Net-Core/MVC-Sample/

Regarding your screenshot, you need a umb-project-alias header with the environment alias as value.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the GraphQL naming, though. Can you perhaps elaborate on that a bit?

Also, do note that the library's purpose isn't to build an entire project on but just to demo the product :)

Oh, and take a look at our Heartcore docs here - https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Umbraco-Heartcore/

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Nov 12, 2021 @ 11:15
    Peter Cort Larsen

HI,

found out it was related to not having a ProjectAlias set in appsettings.Development.json

Also, I finally got the hang of GraphQL.

Thanks

Nov 12, 2021 @ 11:41
    Lindow

Awesome to hear that!

• Magnus 7 posts 77 karma points
    Sep 14, 2022 @ 10:10
    Magnus

Thanks for good answers. One additional question on this matter. If you want to run a headless Umbraco solution in the cloud Heartcore sound just right. But is there a hosting for the frontend (node+react)? Or what is you solution regarding this?

Best regards, /Magnus

Sep 14, 2022 @ 13:53
    Lindow

Hi Magnus

We don't provide hosting on Umbraco Cloud for frontend solutions.

I would recommend that you look into Azure, AWS, or other Cloud providers for that :)

• Magnus 7 posts 77 karma points
    Sep 14, 2022 @ 14:01
    Magnus

Thanks. I almost guessed that. :)

Is there a way to run an ordinary Umbraco site (not a Heartcore one) as headless with server side rendering through Clearscript V8 in our cloud solution?

Cheers, /Magnus

Sep 14, 2022 @ 14:31
    Lindow

Yes, you can turn your Umbraco project into a headless one. Docs link

You can then build a frontend in any JS framework and have both hosted on the same Cloud project.

I just don't see the point in putting in so much extra work and then hosting both the backend and frontend in the same solution.

We have several customers who turned their project into a headless solution and then host a frontend somewhere outside of our Cloud.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft