Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 6 posts 76 karma points
    Apr 10, 2023 @ 13:21
    Matthew

Did I just make a mistake buy paying this company money?

I setup a live demo to this morning and have been sitting waiting for the demo to start for 20 minutes and nothing. I tried emailing the guy and no reply, I called the US office number listed on the site and it just rings and I am told the voice mailbox is not setup. The chat box on the site says they will respond within a day. I was playing with the 14 free trial and liked so I did sign up to get the ball rolling on building out my site but now I am getting the feeling I made a mistake. From being completely ignored for a demo so I could get a better feel for the product to see multiple errors in a fresh install of what should be production grade software. I am also finding conflicting or out right wrong information thoughtout the site and documentation.

• Eric 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 10, 2023 @ 20:33
    Eric

I would just reach out again, probably just a miscommunication no one is trying to scam you.

Apr 10, 2023 @ 20:39
    Matthew

Reach out how? I sent two emails and a chat message. Posted here and in the discord server but your the first person to respond. I tried calling a few times to get the same message saying no voice mail is setup. I started to dig into how to do something because I could not ask the rep about it and now it is starting to appear as I chose the wrong offering (and thinking company) to use.

I also don't understand how it could be a miss-communication. I signed up via the site, got the meeting invite, confirmed the invite, got the reminders, hell even got a follow up asking about my experience in the meeting that never happened.

• Eric 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 10, 2023 @ 20:56
    Eric

I don't work there so I can't tell you the why, just stating that no one is trying to scam you. Maybe the person you were working with had an emergency and didn't pass off the meeting in time etc.. Who knows, obviously not ideal, and not the best way to start off a relationship with a new company. I was just letting you know, if your patient it will get resolved, and no one is trying to scam you out of money. If you aren't happy just let them know, and I'm sure they will take care of you.

You can email this contact he has been very helpful to me in the US.

[email protected]

Apr 10, 2023 @ 21:15
    Matthew

I know I am not being scammed, they would not have been around this long if it was a scam. But your right it is extremely frustrating. I work over nights, go to school, and am trying to start a business. I have very little spare time so giving up an hour for a no-show is extremely frustrating.

Thank you for the email link, unfortunately that is the one I sent my emails to (at 10 and 30 minutes past the start time) and still have no response.

• hjaltedaniel-umbraco 1 post 22 karma points
    Apr 11, 2023 @ 16:44
    hjaltedaniel-umbraco

Hi Matthew, I wanted to just follow up on this thread as well. I have sent you an email as well, so feel free to get back to me there.

I am terribly sorry, that we missed your demo yesterday. I hope you understand that it does not reflect the way Umbraco does business. Unfortunately, there was a mix-up with the availability due to the Easter holidays when our entire US team was out of the office. This should have been reflected in the demo availability, and I will make sure that the necessary measures are taken to avoid anything like this in the future.

If you are still interested in seeing Umbraco Heartcore in action, I will be more than happy to give you a demo - so please use the link in the email I have sent to you.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for this - and I hope you are willing to give us another chance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft