Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 14:47
    Jonny Irwin

Licensed version of Concierge still showing as running in trial mode.

As a company we purchased Umbraco Pro last September but only now have I got round to installing Concierge.  I assume that licensing is done the same way as everything else i.e. dropping the .lic file in the bin directory?

We're still getting the "Umbraco Concierge is running in trial mode. Order the full version today!header at the top.  Any ideas anyone?

Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:00
    Jonny Irwin

Update: It appears that it is installing Courier 2 that breaks licensing for both our Concierge and Contour.

• elspiko 133 posts 302 karma points
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:03
    elspiko

Someone mentioned a similar issue yesterday to do with needing to update the umbraco.licensing.dll. Can find it here: http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco.licensing/

• Comment author was deleted

Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:04

Hi Jonny,

Could you try updating Contour to the latest verison 1.1.8 (is just a filecopy) you can find the update archive on the contour project page.

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:07
    James Drever

Jonny,

I raised this with Umbraco HQ and was told the fix is to install latest licensing assembly at http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco.licensing/

Worked for me! 

Maybe HQ should document this issue formally, since I've seen a couple of people tweeting about it?

James.

Jun 09, 2011 @ 15:24
    Jonny Irwin

Thanks all.  I was using contour 1.1.8 and it was still having problems.  I copied the licencing assmbly from the nightlies and it's all working now.

Thanks again!!

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 03:25
    Chris Mahoney

Does anyone have any more tips? I've copied in the new Licensing DLL, redownloaded the Umbraco Pro .lic file, rebooted the server... and it's still saying that it's in trial mode. Is there a way to get a more descriptive "error" message? What else can I try?

Umbraco 4.7, Concierge 2.0.1, Win 2003, .Net 4.

Jun 23, 2011 @ 23:23
    Jonny Irwin

This is probably completely clutching at straws - you say you re-downloaded to Umbraco Pro .lic file?  I know when we orignally got set up with Umbraco Pro, we had a single licence file that was meant to cover contour, concierge & courier - these didn't work & we had to get individual licence files for each of these (as licencing had changed).

Anyway, to cut a long story short - are you trying to use a .lic file meant to cover all Pro stuff, or are you using the umbracoConcierge.lic file (which you should be)

Jun 23, 2011 @ 23:27
    Chris Mahoney

Hi Jonny,

It's a single Pro file. Do you know where to get umbracoConcierge.lic from? It's not listed in http://umbraco.com/profile/options/manage-licenses for me.

It looks like you've set me on the right track though, thanks :)

Jun 24, 2011 @ 10:04
    Jonny Irwin

We had to contact the Umbraco guys via a contact form on the website.  They sorted out the licences for us & they added them to our manage licence section.

Hope this helps you out!

Jun 28, 2011 @ 22:24
    Chris Mahoney

All sorted now, thanks for your help! :)

• brownsmith 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 12, 2011 @ 12:57
    brownsmith

Hi ,

This is really information thread.

Thanks for sharing this one.

Thanks to you,

Smith Brown

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft