Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ingrid 11 posts 32 karma points
    May 03, 2012 @ 16:41
    Ingrid

Concierge not showing in Sections

I have just installed Concierge version 2.0.1 as a package. Then I unzipped the UPDATE folder and copied these files into my siteroot.
    I also pasted the .lic file into the bin folder in the siteroot.

When I right click an item in the Content tree, I can select "Check out". Next the pane needs to be manually refreshed to show that it is checked out. Then I can check an item in again.

When I go to a user, via the Users overview, I don't see "Concierge" in the Sections checkbox list, so I cannot check it there either.

I am using Umbraco version 4.7.0 (assembly 1.0.4090.38017). I have tried upgrading the site to the latest version and then installing again, but that did not work either.

Any help would be appreciated

• rob 75 posts 170 karma points
    May 18, 2012 @ 16:24
    rob

I have just added a page to the wiki after fighting to get this to work myself.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/installing-concierge

May 21, 2012 @ 16:12
    Ingrid

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response! But I have already gone through the steps like in your wiki (I retried them again today), but the "Concierge" item does not show up in the checklist.

What version of Umbraco are you running? 

May 21, 2012 @ 16:24
    rob

I am using 4.7.11 

Do you see the Concierge sections checkbox for the Admin user in the Users section ?

I guess you have tried, stopping retarting the webserver/app pool and the machine(always worth a go).

Other than that you could get the process monitor from sysinternals http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/sysinternals and try an work out if there is a problem with permissions.

On that vein check the SQL traffic with SQL Profiler.

May 21, 2012 @ 16:55
    Ingrid

I'm using 4.7.0, don't think that could be the issue. I have tried upgrading to the latest version, but I still had the same problems.

For the user, I have these checkboxes:

No Concierge showing here.

And the installed package looks like this:

I have tried Process Monitor, when I call the "Check out" function for content, I get an error on a missing file "D:\Sites\SiteRoot\umbraco\plugins\concierge\dependencyhandler.axd. This file does not exist in the plugins folder. I have attached a screenshot of the contents of this folder:

Could you perhaps compare it to the contents of your folder? 

May 21, 2012 @ 17:08
    rob

my folder looks exactly the same but googling for "dependencyhandler.axd" and "umbraco" brings back a worrying number of results.

Try and fix that problem first, hopefully that is all that is stopping Concierge from running/installing

May 22, 2012 @ 10:16
    Ingrid

Hi Rob, thanks for all your help on this issue. I have fixed the problem!

I installed the package while being logged in with the user called "admin", this however was not the user with userId = 0. It seems to install the package as the user with userId = 0 (no matter with what other webmaster user I was logged in). This user with userId = 0 did see the "Concierge" in the list with user Sections and could turn it on for the other users.

Once I had given the admin user access to Concierge, this user was also able to give access to the rest of the users.

Very confusing, but fixed for now. 

May 22, 2012 @ 10:52
    rob

Well Done !

And thanks for posting your fix for others to discover.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft