Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 13:14
    Warren Buckley

Using Concierge to help me clean up

Hello all,
    I have installed Concierge in my Umbraco V6 installation to help me clean up a rather large site and figure out what items are no longer needed (templates, doctypes, macros, datatypes & properties on datatypes)

Currently from what I can tell Conceriege works the other way round and shows me the items installed and any other dependencies on it elsewhere, whilst this is good however it will make my task of trying to clean up this installation alot harder.

By going back and forth between the different sections in Umbraco to figure out what is and isn't used.

So does anyone have any ideas if this is possible at all? Perhaps using an API that Cocnierge offers to help egenrate a new report type or something in the Concierge app/section?

Many Thanks,
    Warren :)

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 13:29
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hey Warren,

Have you seen Tom Fulton's "Census" package? I think it's just about what you need...

/Chriztian

Jan 24, 2014 @ 15:28
    Warren Buckley

Thanks Chriztian,
    I wasn't aware of Tom's Census package. This has done the job however he just needs to make a slight improvement to give an overview of what is not used anymore, rather than me having to click into each item (macro, templates, doctypes etc..)

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/census/census-general/47809-Suggestion-List-all-unused-items-in-one-place

Jan 24, 2014 @ 15:30
    Warren Buckley

Damn it, was supposed to mark the answer to Chriztian!
    If any forum admin's know how to rectify then please, ensure Chriztian's reply is marked as the solution.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 12:11
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Don't worry Warren - not in it for the karma :-)

/Chriztian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft