Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 11:37
    Zakhar

Concierge 3.0 breaks Partial views rendering in v6.1.6

I installed Concierge 3.0.0 and it breaks my partial views, I get this on my pages:

Error loading Partial View script (file: ~/Views/MacroPartials/MainNavigationPartial.cshtml)

If I try to browse my partials in Developer section I get YSOD:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Concierge.Businesslogic.application.umbracoPage_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\117c8ad6a83486c\Umbraco.Concierge V4\Businesslogic\application.cs:77
       umbraco.presentation.masterpages.MasterPageLoadHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +189
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.33440

If I uninstall the package and delete Umbraco.Concierge.dll from bin (manually) it reverts back to normal.

Zakhar.

P.S. I've just noticed Umbraco.Concierge V4 in the error message above, what's that about I wonder?

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 16:51
    Richard Terris

Did you get anywhere with this? I've just discovered the same issue

• Steve A Duthie 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 28, 2014 @ 22:40
    Steve A Duthie

Has anyone worked on this, I'm having the same issue and have to use Umbraco 6.1.6 at this time to allow for users with IE8.

• Hywel Rees 56 posts 224 karma points
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 15:42
    Hywel Rees

Hi,

I have also experienced this issue and really would like to get to the bottom of it.

I upgraded Umbraco from 6.1.6 to 6.2.1 and the issue is still present.

Cheers,

HJR

Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:10
    Hywel Rees

Hi,

Well I have found what the problem is.

In Umbraco.Concierge.Businesslogic.application there is a switch statement.

Both the templates and the views appear to execute the same block of code

This code expects the "templateID" parameter from the request query string. The error occurs because we are calling the .Replace method on a null string. When clicking on a partial view, we don't pass in a template ID, so it shouldn't be expected:

case "settings/edittemplate.aspx":
    case "settings/views/editview.aspx":

// This value is null when clicking a partial view!
      string templateIdStr = HttpContext.Current.Request.QueryString["templateID"]; 

imageButton.OnClientClick = Helper.Modal("plugins/Concierge/documentationAddComment.aspx?refresh=false&key=template_" + templateIdStr.Replace("/", "").Replace(".", ""), "Concierge - add developer comment", 540, 340);
      break;

This is really easy to fix, and quite frustrating that it has been broken for so long :(

Cheers,

HJR

Aug 19, 2014 @ 16:40
    Hywel Rees

Hi,

I have found a workaround for now (roll back to an older build!)

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoConcierge/3.0.0/

The last version without the bug is: UmbracoConcierge3.0.0635134613481646000_update.zip

This is what I am using now.

Cheers,

HJR

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft