Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 28, 2010 @ 17:41
    Chris Dunn

Suggestion: CSS Style per field

Would like the option to apply a unique style per field to handle display differences even for similar field data types. 

-Chris

• Per Ploug Hansen 208 posts 129 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 09:15
    Per Ploug Hansen

Hi Chris

Contour already generates a unique class structure for each field, consisting of its name and type, so you should be able to target each field specifically

/Per

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 14:25
    Chris Dunn

Per,

I was thinking more of applying global style rules to a field than a field specific style, so I don't have to create a css rule for each actual field.  While styling the field type works in most cases, sometimes 2 fields of the same type (even on the same form) may be displayed differently.  A good example is the text area.  For brief text you would want the height to be 2 rows high, and for larger text you want the field to be 10 rows high.  I would rather apply a .shorttext and .longtext class vs a seperate style rule per field in the css file.  Another example would be radiobuttonlist, where 2 radio buttons should be displayed horizontally and more would be displayed vertically.  I think a css class field on the field properties would allow custom styles without requiring the user touch the css file so often.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft