Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 152 posts 176 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 16:55
    Pete

Error when selecting modified Send Email WorkflowType

I'm implementing a modified version of the Send Email WorkflowType.

I've copied the type from the SharedSource code.

So far I have only changed the class name, GUID, name and description from the original.

However, when I select this new type from the drop down in the "Add Workflow" dialog, I get and object reference not set to an instance of an object error. 

E.g. 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.editWorkflowDialog.LoadSettings(Form form) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dialogs\editWorkflowDialog.aspx.cs:111

Umbraco.Forms.UI.Dialogs.editWorkflowDialog.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\39da791f9304089a\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Dialogs\editWorkflowDialog.aspx.cs:69

This is where the default Send Email would display the fields for entering recipient email address, etc. Is there something I need to set up to get those working with my own implementation? What else do I need to do?

Cheers!

Jul 28, 2010 @ 17:03
    Pete

I'm assuming the control reference needs to change as Contour.SharedSource isn't available within actual Contour...

[Umbraco.Forms.Core.Attributes.Setting("Email", description = "Enter the receiver email", control = "Contour.SharedSource.FieldSetting.TextField")]

public string Email { get; set; }

Jul 28, 2010 @ 17:05
    Pete

Umbraco.Forms.Core.FieldSetting.TextArea works. Go me.

• James Senior 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 20, 2010 @ 18:31
    James Senior

Pete - did you have any issues having the custom workflowtype show up in the drop down in Contour?  I can't seem to get mine to show up.  Thread here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/11917-Custom-WorkflowType-not-showing-in-new-workflow-drop-down

Cheers

James

Aug 24, 2010 @ 10:09
    Pete

No problems getting it to appear in the list as far as I can remember sorry, James.

• James Senior 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 18:12
    James Senior

Thanks for the reply Pete. I checked in with the Umbraco guys and it seems there is a bug with adding WorkflowType classes in the app_code folder.  Right now to fix this I have compiled it as a DLL and included in the bin folder.

James

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft