Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Aug 10, 2010 @ 11:14
    Tom

BUG? - Pre Value Datasources From DataTypes Getting Deleted From DB

Hi Guys,

I'm using a DataType's prevalues to populate a dropdown list in contour for months in number format or months in words..

the association works fine and the dropdownlist is populated with the months correctly..

SAVE the form and the datatypeprevalues from the db are getting deleted and hence it's nuking the prevalues from the data type.. we ran it through profiler and found:

exec sp_executesql N'delete from cmsDataTypePreValues where id = @id',N'@id int',@id=119

exec sp_executesql N'delete from cmsDataTypePreValues where id = @id',N'@id int',@id=117

exec sp_executesql N'delete from cmsDataTypePreValues where id = @id',N'@id int',@id=118

I was wondering is this a known bug..

Cheers,

Tom

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 10, 2010 @ 11:43

Hi Tom,

Yes this was a bug (it happened if you click to update to fast after selecting a prevalue source).

This bug has been fixed in Contour 1.1 (which has just been released), to update simply download the latest _update.zip here http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.1/ and overwrite your existing files.

Regards,
    Tim

Aug 11, 2010 @ 00:08
    Tom

Hi Tim,

most appreciated. Will upgrade now!

• Ronald Brown 5 posts 25 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 20:52
    Ronald Brown

This is still broke, and it's quite bad.  If you save the form after you just added a  datatype pre value datasource within a form, the form will complete erase the values within the dataytpe.  I see it every time I add a second datatype to a form and then save it.  Any advice?

• Carrie 20 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 15:37
    Carrie

This exact thing is also happening to us. We have 3 fields on a form using Prevalue sources and it seems to delete the last one in the form fieldset that you most recently edited. Any ideas on if the fix got reverted in more recent updates?

We are on umbraco 4.7.0 and using Contour package 1.1.9. I've also sent in a bug report.

• Ashwinth 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 11:30
    Ashwinth

Hi Guys,

We are having exactly the same problem with Contour 1.1.9.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Thanks,
    Ash

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 20:08
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Guys,

Am having the same exact problem with a licenced version of 1.1.9. I have 4 different forms where they are pulling a List of 100 Countries from the DB.

Any suggestion?

Oct 12, 2011 @ 23:09
    Tom

I would love to get a response on this one as our system is in production

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 08:27
    Fuji Kusaka

I have 2 website under production and client has access to view them. Tom are you using a Licenced Version as well?? I have 2 different licences for 2 different domain names. 

Any help on this will be really appreciated.

Oct 13, 2011 @ 08:33
    Tom

I have 1 licence for 1 site

• Carrie 20 posts 42 karma points
    Oct 21, 2011 @ 20:46
    Carrie

If you don't need to edit the prevalues within the form, Tim created a new read only prevalue source type for us. It looks like it is in the October 2011 release 1.1.11 which we haven't tested yet. You cannot save them in templates though so its not bug free.

1.1.11 - October 2011
    Added: Read only version of the Umbraco data type Prevalues prevalue source type
    Fixed: Issue with data source edit page
    Fixed: Perfomance boost to csv export

Edited to post the link: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft