Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 12:32
    Martin Griffiths

Object moved here, redirect error and permission problem in Contour forms

We are encountering a strange problem with all of our contour forms. They seem to be failing to redirect to the thank you for your submission page. The data is getting in to the database ok and the emails are sent, but we get an "object moved here" error page in Chrome and non specific errors in all other browsers. The only way to resurrect them, is to remove "network service" from the umbraco folder and reinstate it.

The problem happens every time we save changes to a form and just at odd times for no apparent reason.

If its any help we are using 4.0.4.2 on IIS7 classic mode 32bit pool.

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:25

That's very strange, and if you go to the page directly does that work as expected?

Aug 13, 2010 @ 15:33
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Tim

Yes they display fine, the only thing thats been set is hide from navigation.

The forms are dying fairly rapidly, i've just done another test in the last hour and i'm getting the error again.

Unfortunately I cant tell whether its IIS7 or Umbraco causing the problem! I'm leaning more towards an IIS7 configuration issue because the forms work ok for a while when I re-apply network service permissions.

We have a build on dev that has been set-up to run 64Bit in integrated pipeline mode and i'm tempted to roll it out to see if it makes any difference.

What do you think?

Martin

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 16, 2010 @ 11:55

HI Martin, yes I'd also say that it's most likely a configiration issue. Any success wit the dev build?

Regards,
    Tim

Aug 16, 2010 @ 12:41
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Tim

I put together 2 test builds on our live box to simulate staging/live but instead of running in 32 Bit classic mode, i've switched it over to integrated pipeline mode and 64 Bit. I then recycled the app pool to force a recompile, unfortunately the build failed because our current version of Courier wasn't set to any CPU in the dll. The only way to fix this was to uninstall the package and install v1.2. I also uncommented a bunch of asp.net 3.5 and IIS7 specific entries in the web.config.

The upgrade of Courier seems ok on first look with no immediate problems and so far the forms haven't failed either.

So with a little more testing we may roll the change out this week.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft