Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefan Arngrimsson 36 posts 59 karma points
    Aug 27, 2010 @ 17:11
    Stefan Arngrimsson

umbraco v 4.5.2.beta breaks Contour

Hi,

I've just upgraded to 4.5.2 and Contour is badly broken.

If I add an dropdownlist and save the form I get this error:

Line 262:                                                    </label>
    Line 263:                                                    <div class="fieldControl">
    Line 264:                                                        <%# RenderFieldPreview(((Umbraco.Forms.Core.Field)Container.DataItem)) %>
    Line 265:                                                        <div class="fieldeditprevalues" <%# PreValueEdit(((Umbraco.Forms.Core.Field)Container.DataItem)) %>>
    Line 266:                                                            <a href="#" onclick="javascript:ShowUpdatePrevaluesDialog('<%# ((Umbraco.Forms.Core.Field)Container.DataItem).Id %>')">

Source File: e:\webs\www.flugfelag.is_umbraco\usercontrols\umbracoContour\EditForm.ascx    Line: 264 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.Prevalues.Standard.GetPreValues(Field field) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.Core\Providers\Prevalues\Standard.cs:24
       Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.EditForm.RenderFieldPreview(Field f) in d:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e4473b9ec9597356\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\EditForm.ascx.cs:205
       ASP.usercontrols_umbracocontour_editform_ascx.__DataBind__control18(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\webs\www.flugfelag.is_umbraco\usercontrols\umbracoContour\EditForm.ascx:264
       System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +303

And when doing preview :
    Unable to find control with id '5877e6fc-da0f-4017-823e-2dbfff0011d9' that is associated with the Label 'label'. 
    [HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to find control with id '5877e6fc-da0f-4017-823e-2dbfff0011d9' that is associated with the Label 'label'.]
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label.AddAttributesToRender(HtmlTextWriter writer) +11238970
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32

Can anyone help please....
  • Comment author was deleted

Aug 28, 2010 @ 17:02

Hi Stefan,

I think you might have removed some Contour files during the upgrade, you can just download the update zip here:http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-pro/contour (bottom attached files)

And then simply extract that and place those files on your site

Aug 30, 2010 @ 11:20
    Stefan Arngrimsson

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your reply.

This does not work. The problem occurs after adding a dropdown field to the form.

Any ideas?

Stefan

• Comment author was deleted

Aug 31, 2010 @ 09:04

Hi Stefan,

Does this always happen, so even when you create a new form and only add a dropdown field?

Aug 31, 2010 @ 13:36
    Stefan Arngrimsson

I think this must be a config issue, Contour works fine on our stage env. possible permissions issue?

Sep 01, 2010 @ 12:07
    Stefan Arngrimsson

Hi again,

I found out that if I have <distributedCall enable="true"> in the umbracoSettings.config then Contour breaks.

This works fine if it's set to false.

Can you please look into this?

Stefan

Sep 01, 2010 @ 12:31
    Stefan Arngrimsson

Hi again.

I think I found what's wrong.

If the server address that you are working on is not in the servers list in the distrubutedCall then this dosen't work.

As soon as I added the address everything works like a charm. 

Best regards,

Stefan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft